Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pretty Toes

Nearly four months after the blister from hell took possession of my big toe causing me weeks of pain, then an open wound, then an infection, then more pain, then a scab, then a scar, today I finally got a long-awaited pedicure! A lovely post-down-pouring-rain trail run (which involved "running" knee deep in water across a creek and skipping over, across and through many mud puddles) this afternoon with Abby and Brent presented the perfect opportunity for a pedicure. My feet had been soaking in my water-logged shoes for an hour so there was no need to soak at the nail salon.

A cautionary note: this picture is deceiving because it make it look as if I have a full complement of toenails. From the left, toes #1, #5 and #7 are without toenails. Pedicurists are miracle workers!
(I will save us all the agony by not posting the before pictures, nor any of the pictures of the blister.)

3 comments:

  1. I don't like feet.

    What was your research about? Who would send a picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much improved from earlier today :) I like the color choice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost sooo many toenails training for my 2nd marathon... this time I didnt lose any! so weird.

    ReplyDelete