Thursday, April 2, 2009

Another one bites the dust

Once again, I'm without my full compliment of toenails. Back down to 9. (Really 8 1/2 if you consider that the last one to go isn't quite back in action yet.) Despite my wish to, for once, have a perfectly polished set of nails, the fact that I don't is a badge of honor. And, most importantly, proof that I'm not a wuss.

It was more than 6 years ago when I started running- and subsequently loosing toenails. Dozens of lost toenails, hundreds of hours, thousands of miles and millions of random thoughts later I've decided it's time to start writing some of my musings. Stories, experiences, feelings, recollections, opinions, descriptions, adventures and reflections have often left me thinking "you should write a book"- so I am (well, an online psuedo book). My intention is not to change lives or bring world peace, rather it is to clear my head of my internal ramblings. (Hopefully it will free up some space for things like the material on infectious diseases and antibiotics that I am supposed to have learned for my last pharmacology test.)

My intention is to write on a regular basis- not everyday- but often. I should forewarn: I am historically HORRIBLE at keeping diaries, journals, logs, etc. I am filled with good intentions, but lack the focus and motivation for a proper follow-through. Thankfully I never wanted to be a writer because I would be out of work and very poor. Here's to what will hopefully be an amusing and insightful collection of my chronicles of running. And last longer than the cool diary with a lock and secret code that I got for my 10th birthday. I wrote "Dear Diary" and that was it.

3 comments:

  1. I always wanted to write a book too, but would probably never finish it- so here's to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your blog!
    I'm a toenail loser, too. Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an audience!

    Maybe that'll hold you more accountable than a journal has :)

    ReplyDelete